In Oracle 12C it’s possible to define LOB storage method during import time independent from export settings.
It gives more flexibility during importing data.
impdp .. TRANSFORM=LOB_STORAGE:SECUREFILE|BASICFILE|DEFAULT|NO_CHANGE
- DEFAULT – no lob storage clause is set for CREATE TABLE
- NO_CHANGE – use settings from dump file
- BASICFILE – creates LOBs as basicfile
- SECUREFILE – creates LOBs as securefile
- Can be set in PL/SQL using DBMS_DATAPUMP.METADATA_TRANSFORM
Imports data and sets LOBs as SECUREFILE
impdp hr/hr DIRECTORY=dpdump_dir DUMPFILE=hr.dmp TRANSFORM=LOB_STORAGE:SECUREFILE
Have a fun 🙂